PEMF Therapy for Hip, Knee Pain & Osteoarthritis
Currently, in conventional medicine, therapies for OA are aimed at improving the quality of life, reducing pain and swelling and not disease progression. Therapies primarily focus on medications or procedures. Unfortunately both of these have drawbacks (and potentially long-term side effects), with limited effectiveness in OA, because of the degree of underlying impairment of joint cells in the presence of an extensive tissue breakdown environment.
Safe and non-toxic alternative therapies are necessary. Pulsed electromagnetic field (PEMF) stimulation of tissue is a relatively new approach to treating OA, emphasizing stimulation of tissue repair. Most studies to date have shown that PEMFs are effective in treating pain and improving function in OA, following treatment, and with virtually no toxicity or side effects.
PEMF Therapy for Osteoarthritis(OA)
Research both on living and nonliving tissues shows significant benefits of PEMFs in various models of Osteoarthritis(OA). Various researchers have found positive effects of PEMFs in cartilage cells and tissue cells. PEMF Studies have shown that :
- PEMF stimulation increased cell growth and inhibited inflammation.
- progression of arthritis can be slowed or stopped, even in the presence of fairly severe arthritis (OA)
- people treated with PEMF had much lower evidence of cartilage damage and degeneration
- PEMF treatments were able to counteract OA progression, by acting on both cartilage and the underlying bone. NASA research concluded PEMF is effective in the treatment of various muscle diseases, age- and cancer-related muscle atrophy, osteoporosis and other bone diseases.
- PEMFs significantly reduced cartilage surface irregularities and resulted in greater cartilage thickness.
- PEMFs were effective at counteracting the progression of OA especially in cartilage breakdown
PEMF Therapy works to:
- promotes circulation, boosts the oxygenation of cells, and stimulates energy
- promotes bone growth
- Reduce pain, inflammation, the effects of stress on the body, and platelet adhesion.
- Improve energy, circulation, blood and tissue oxygenation, sleep quality, blood pressure and cholesterol levels, the uptake of nutrients, cellular detoxification and the ability to regenerate cells.
- Balance the immune system and stimulate RNA and DNA.
- Accelerate repair of bone and soft tissue
- Relax muscles.
1. "Low frequency pulsed electromagnetic field-a viable alternative therapy for arthritis "Ganesan K1, Gengadharan AC, Balachandran C, Manohar BM, Puvanakrishnan R. ; Indian J Exp Biol. 2009 Dec; 47(12):939-48.; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20329696
Dr Oz Talks About PEMF