PEMF Therapy for Sports Performance & Sports Injury Recovery
PEMF therapy is ideal for sports injuries as it boosts the body’s own healing process by increasing blood flow and stimulating the body to repair damaged tissue. Recurring injuries to the same area can also be treated successfully with PEMF therapy. ( e.g. Elbow injuries, Knee injuries, Back & Thigh Injuries, Arthritis, Cartilage Regeneration)
- Pain Relief - PEMF Therapy increases blood supply and circulation and promotes the healing of soft tissue while reducing oedema.
- Reduces Sport Injuries -PEMF therapy can be used by athletes to maximize function of the body and at the same time reduce the risk of sports injury
- Recovery of Injuries - helps the body recover faster from any injuries.
- Competition Tool - athletes should be using whole body magnetic stimulation before and after workouts, tryouts, and any level of competition.
- Improves Performance - using PEMFs before competition causes the body to be optimized in its function. This will produce better performance.
- Enhances Endurance & Recovery - it’s been found that muscles work harder, longer and recover faster with magnetic stimulation
- Reduces Muscle Contraction - a classic action of magnetic fields is to reduce muscle contraction- athletes often have to compete and work out despite their injuries, large and small. This is why regular use of magnetic fields is so important to any high level, or even weekend, athletes.
- PEMF’s Increase Oxygen Uptake - pulsed electromagnetic fields can also increase the uptake of oxygen into muscle. A 1% increase in oxygen uptake can significantly enhance muscle performance and endurance. In competitive sports a 1% edge may be all that is needed to win.
- PEMF’s Reduce Swelling - PEMF’s reduce swelling and speed removal of the blood in a bruise, leading to faster recovery and return to activity, competition or training. Obviously, if treatment is applied early in the injury, recovery will be much faster. Once a lot of the effects of damage are settled into the tissue it takes more energy and longer to heal the tissues.
- PEMF’s accelerates healing time - allowing the athlete to be healthier, stronger and perform better.
- Heals Wounds & Skin Ulcers - pulsed Electromagnetic Fields have also been shown to be helpful in case of chronic wounds or skin ulcers.
- Reduces Oedema -using PEMF reduces oedema and influences repair processes at a cellular level. Increased collagen production accelerates wound healing as well as the forming of new blood vessels which carry oxygen and nutrients to the affected area, while getting rid of waste materials
- Reduces Healing Time - when everything in the body works properly, tissues regenerate naturally. PEMF therapy can help shorten the healing period as it penetrates deep inside cells and bone. When a bone does not heal properly it is mostly due to poor blood circulation to the area. By using PEMF the blood circulation is improved and tissue regeneration is stimulated.
What is PEMF? : Pulsed Electromagnetic Field therapy (PEMF) uses magnets, which create pulsing, moving energy that is applied to tissues. PEMF promotes the healing of soft tissue, inflamed joints, and improves circulation and cellular metabolism. This treatment energizes cells to allow your body to heal itself, essentially changing the way your body handles pain and injury. By inducing electrical charges around and within the cell, the treatment changes the behaviour of cells. As a result, improved blood supply increases the oxygen pressure, activating and regenerating cells. Improved calcium transport increases absorption of calcium in bones and improves the quality of cartilage in joints.There are many scientific studies on the degree of effectiveness of Pulsed Electromagnetic Field therapy. Application of PEMF therapy is based on more than 30 years of worldwide research carried out by renowned scientists. In addition, there are many years of practical experience by thousands of physicians.